Search This Blog

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Flourless Peanut Butter Honey Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies



I am trying to cut out flour, but wanted to make some lactation cookies, so I adapted a few recipes I found online and did a trial batch.  I was looking for something less dense than the other recipes I have tried.  The verdict - I don't want to change a thing. Chewy, nutty, peanut buttery, chocolatey...nom nom nom.  My three year old helped and loved them, too, as did my husband. I included vegan modifications, as well.

Ingredients
  • ¼ cup butter (softened) or coconut/flaxseed oil if you are vegan
  • 1 cup natural peanut butter (peanuts ground into butter with no added sugar)
  • ½ cup honey
  • ¼ brown or cane sugar
  • 2 eggs or an extra ½ cup of flax meal if you are vegan
  • 1 tsp vanilla 
  • ¼  tsp salt
  • 2 – 3 tbsp. Brewer’s yeast
  • ½ cup ground flax seed
  • ½ cup almond flour (or grind almonds in food processor)
  • 1 ½  cups rolled oats
  • ½ cup oats ground in food processor (I do the oats and almonds together)
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • ½ cup dark chocolate chips
  • ½ cup almond slivers

 Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350ยบ F
  2. Stir together butter, peanut butter, honey and sugar till thoroughly mixed.
  3. Add eggs and beat till mixed.
  4. Stir in vanilla
  5. Add dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
  6. Use an spoon or cookie scoop to drop cookies on cookie sheet. Press flat on cookie sheet before baking.
  7. Bake 15-17 minutes – will be chewy

Please share, especially with lactating mamas who want to boost their supply, but please don't sell my recipe or cookies.

1 comment:

  1. I plan to make these for myself and my sister who is also nursing. They will be great for my husband too as a heart healthy cookie! He is on high blood pressure and high cholesterol meds - these will be great for him. Thanks for sharing your recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete