Search This Blog

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Naturally Sweetened Whole Wheat Banana Muffins

I normally hate whole wheat baked goods because they end up so dense. But this recipe I adapted from my favorite banana bread recipe turned out light, moist and yummy! I replaced the sugar with local honey and added walnuts and chocolate chips. My almost four year old ate three of them and my husband has had at least five since this morning. I didn't put any crack in them, I promise.


Recipe 

I was shooting for 12, but ended up with 16 muffins.

 

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter or oil of your choice
1/2 cup honey
2 eggs
3 medium mashed ripe bananas
1/4 cup hot water
Optional: 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips, walnuts or both.

 

Directions:

  • Stir together dry ingredients.
  • Beat melted butter or oil and honey together; add eggs and beat well.
  • Add bananas and beat to combine. 
  • Add dry ingredients to wet, alternating with hot water; mix well after each addition.
  • Spoon batter into greased or papered muffin cups.
  • bake at 325 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and test done.
  • Remove from oven and cool on rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment